Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Crickets From the Other Side

Remember a while back, I sent a piece of Ian's sweater to Texas for an experiment in psychic reading/mediumship? Well, all the results, written and drawn, are in. Not one hit. I was sent 7 readings, and several of them had similar too-common-to-matter fishing items from the medium(s). "Someone with an M", "Someone who was on life support", "The number 17", "Someone had a car accident", that sort of rubbishy typical "medium" fishing. Not one thing in the pages and pages that directly hit.

Next were the portraits. All of them women, 20-40. Not a one looked like anyone I know, living or dead. In fact, I don't think I know any women who died that young. Men, yes, with the AIDS crisis and drugs and cars. But the portraits were all young women. And the readings were pointed toward women spirits talking. I think the "medium" looked at the swatch and determined it belonged to a hippie woman, and ran with it.

In fact, I'd make a case that I can profile the "medium" better than she profiled Ian.

So, in my view, whomever they were using on this test, failed. Big fail. A "give it up and do something else" fail.

Ah, well.
The Mrs. Houdini quest goes on.
x

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh.
I would not be at all surprised to learn that there are people who can talk to those gone before us. I would be VERY surprised to learn that they were making their living that way.
I might be wrong, but it seems a disrespectful use of the power in many ways...

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am very much skeptical about these things and even more so if people are making money and fame from it. However, I do believe that we should all try to look for peace wherever that road leads us. We must, though, be careful out there because there are thieves and con artists who want to take advantage of people's vulnerability.

Geo. said...

In my life I've met 2 remarkable Tarot readers. One predicted I'd become a professional gardener, which I had no intention of doing. Yet,10 years later I was one and retired after 30 years of it. So I do believe there are practitioners of uncanny intuition. Psychometry, however has yet to impress me.