Monday, June 10, 2013

Man of the Year

By now I'm sure you've heard about the NSA, the mindblowing scope of surveillance being set up on We the People and the guy who blew the whistle.

Here's the guy who blew the whistle


His name is Ed Snowden.
Here's his explanation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-interview-video

And here's the surrounding story
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance?

He's given up everything he's ever had, to tell you the truth. Because he doesn't want to live in that kind of a world. Nor do I. Do you? And what should we do about it?

5 comments:

Geo. said...

"And what should we do about it?" First, learn by experience or example that one's conscience is subordinate to nobody. I don't have the second part completely worked out --it becomes a way of life.

Elephant's Child said...

Geo. nailed it for me. And perhaps if more of us listen to our conscience the world will become a better place. It is hard to see how it could become worse.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long before this wee man simply disappears?

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am sure this has been going on for decades. Are we better off knowing this or not? I have no answer.

I also think this is done in most countries and this is the new world order.

They all lie!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I've read this post multiple times without leaving a comment. Why? I don't know what the heck I think about all of this. I have mixed reactions. So rather than sound like a moron, I figured I'd keep my mouth shut. Crap. Guess I just blew it, huh?