Monday, May 6, 2013

Puppy Joy, Puppy Love

You forget what having a puppy around is. It's constant motion with staggered times of exhaustion. It's everything is new and a surprise to them. It's cuddling as a joy and a sport. It's moments of random hilarity that can leave you trying to breathe. It's enthusiastic affection. It's frustration if you're the owner. And now I have several moments in my mind's eye that make laugh pressure in my head (when your eyes start to tear and your nose runs a little, and you have to laugh) that I hope stay with me forever.

Thank you Strider and Olivia. XO

Life really should be more of that- laughing almost into hysteria now and then, cuddling a puppy struggling to lick your face, eating yummy stuff, talking about everything.

About the rice noodles. They were way better than wheat noodles. Way better. Lighter, not pasty (I never pre-boil lasagna noodles). There was a mishap in appearance when I assembled it and the rice noodles curled up on top before the mozzarella topped it and weighed them down. Which happened because I found I couldn't lift it before the mozzie would even be added so it waited til Allyson came back to be topped and go in the oven. I suspect they wouldn't have with the weight of the mozzie but it didn't matter. They crunched up a little with the cheese on them. All good. And no stomach issues for me. Rice products are the way to go methinks. I'm thrilled to be eating solids without too much ado.

The science experiment is leftover dumpling mix that I'm let drying out in the fridge. I need to know what it does before I can figure it out. Not green or fuzzy. But only 4 days old, too. :) I'm still a food experimenter at heart.

It's soooo quiet. All the Beestage has done since they left is eat and sleep. She comes outta the bedroom, bugs me for food, eats and goes back to bed. She's in constant purr mode, too. They almost got to the all-good stage but then Beest would wig out. Fargin Beestage.

Meanwhile, if you're taking the news in small doses, here's something you probably either knew or suspected, but now it seems confirmed true:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/04/telephone-calls-recorded-fbi-boston
Uncle Glenn old me this started in the 1950s when he was working for the old Ma Bell. It's just that technology is sharper now. And they'll refine it further for their uses, of course.

Secondly, this is an interesting piece about being disabled in the US. A quote: "....the human body can be impaired in an almost infinite number of ways, and people of all walks of life can become impaired. As with the population as a whole, disabled people are characterized by difference rather than normality...."
http://monthlyreview.org/2004/03/01/the-right-not-to-work-power-and-disability

There's a lot of bad news, a lot of good news you'll not hear about, and a lot of the same old crap that goes on and on. Take your puppy breaks when you can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...puppy love.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Ten years ago I worked a few miles from a pet shop called The Zoo. This place let their puppies run around the store (with an employee close behind with a mop). Others would be kept in stalls and you could easily pick up a puppy and love it for awhile. I would go over there at least once a week during my lunch time for a puppy break. It always did me a world of good.

The world would be a better and kinder place if we all could have some puppy time.

klahanie said...

Hey Laura,

There's a lot of bad news out there and in Britain, we are on the verge of a revolution.

The world needs more puppy love. I would say that.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!
x

Geo. said...

Great description of puppy antics. Cheers me to think of this world being so entirely new to a creature; reminds me it's still mostly new to me too! And good Guardian piece. Imagine,"Every day, collection systems at the National Security Agency intercept and store 1.7 billion e-mails, phone calls and other types of communications." I'd hate to be the poor sap that has to sift through it. Now there's someone who needs a puppy.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Puppy Breaks are always nice.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

There's something about a puppy that can cure whatever ails you. It's been a long time since I've been around a puppy, but I can still close my eyes and imagine their distinctive smell. Now, with our two girls, the only pet therapy we get around here is regular cat scans. (sorry)