Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Niecely!

Today is the mmmmth birthday of my niece, Lisa. She is having a rocking year, having lost 40+ pounds since December and living so much healthier than she ever has. She has taken that empty nest and filled it with determination. I'm very proud of her accomplishments and so am presenting her with her favorite things.

Pretty places


Pretty faces
 
The obligatory cat joke

Oh so Lisa



A little shot at her age...

and sanity...

Words,

Musical joy

And aging with style.



Rock on, Niecely. Happy Birthday and every other day. May your dreams come true in your new year. xo

7 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Wow, 40 lbs. since December, that is quite an accomplishment. Happy Birthday and Congrats to your niece.

Elephant's Child said...

Forty lbs since December is an incredible accomplishment. Happy Birthday to her, and I love, love, love the gifts you gave her and us.

Lisa said...

Thank you! You are the bestest Aunt ever. Love you very much. And, you made me cry :) Yes, 40+ lbs since Dec 4th. And, being diabetic that has meant I have decreased the amount of insulin I take by over 75%! I'm well on my way to getting off of it completely. That's been my b-day gift to myself. I can't wait for this next year!!!!! (Although, I can wait for the eye appointment. I'm finding myself having to remove my glasses to see things up close....) Love you and THANKS EVERYONE!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Lisa......rock on indeed.

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

klahanie said...

Hey Laura and Lisa,

What a neat and rather varied photographic tribute to Lisa and well done to her losing 40 pounds.

If I lost 40 pounds, I'd be rather upset. Sorry, attempting a money joke. To um, coin a phrase.

Happy Birthday, Lisa.

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! xx

Austan said...

Lisa- Yay! Making you cry is the goal! :D Aw, not really, but it's a good sorta cry. You're welcome. Love you too! Hope it was great!