Sunday, February 3, 2013

Now You Been Told

This flu's hours are numbered. Not only have I taken the ingenious Geo.'s remedy to heart and have been wearing a magical blanket of my own on my head but I've eaten some very hot chili peppers and kielbasa. That'll show it who's boss.

And then the best thing for a sickness- good news. Out of nowhere, an old friend found me on fecebook. Not just any old friend, either, but the best friend I'd lost touch with several years ago. The best friend whose life was entwined with my own through marriages, disasters, celebrations. The best friend who'd been through as much as I have because she was there for nearly 30 years now. We have a few years to catch up on, and I've put aside all tomorrow afternoon for just that. Also, I tried to call Billy and he's outta the house. I hope and am pretty sure he's at a Superbowl Party. He's never missed it. Normalcy has become very dear indeed these days. I have a whole new appreciation for traditions.

So yes, Flu, you had best consider your ass kicked and leave before I get ugly about it. Life goes on, and there's no time for your crap. Now, git! Before I call on my little friends...

10 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Ooops, I read two posts, and then responded about the FB hook-up you write about here on the other one. Ah well.

Very cool about you writing that kids' book. (shhhhh... it looks like my novel will finally get published this year!)

Anonymous said...

magic blankets......on your head you say.......

Geo. said...

Consult "Trainrides...", Thursday, November 1, 2012 for a picture of my own magic blanket, which I did not include in the original post but have updated in as a public service. It is brown. It is magic because I declared it to be so. What color is yours? Doesn't matter, it is magic --never doubt it. Get well!

Austan said...

Susan, I hope this is your year!!! Who knows, it might be the year I finish one! :)

Austan said...

It works, Lawless, I swear it does!

Austan said...

Geo.- yes, you have the Original Magical Blanket. Guard it well. It has secrets to reveal, I believe, beyond its miraculous curative powers. Mine isn't, strictly speaking, a blankie. It's a tartan ruana, but it's a magical blanket to me. Especially since it works! I'm next to what passes as "normal" for me.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Yep that's the way. Show flu who the real boss is. Go drink that chicken soup and take your vitamin "C" so you and your friend have a terrific time.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh jumped over from Delores she mentioned a Magic Blanket fighting flu I love it. I must admit the kielbasa, hot peppers and throw in some sauerkraut and you have a butt kicking mix:)
I do hope you and your friend get together soon. B

Austan said...

Munir- I'd say today I'm at 98%. One more night of deep sleeps and magical blanket and I think I'm all good!!!

Austan said...

Buttons- That's to Geo.'s credit. He's the one put me onto the magical blanket over your head cure. I've no idea why it works, it's magical.
Today it'll be chix soup with "Ptrate's Revenge" hot sauce from the caribbean islands. It doesn't even have a list of ingredients and it burns twice, if you know what I mean... ;)