Tuesday, October 9, 2012

They Turned the Gravity Up for Lennon's Birthday

Getting through this week is like carrying several of those x-ray pads around. It's all very heavy, man. Not without reason; there's a lot of heavy shit going down. And today John Lennon would've been 72 if he hadn't been murdered 32 years ago. 40 seems so very young to me now.

Tonight Steve West is hosting his and Freddy's radio show and playing a lot of Lennon music. Music is good when things are heavy. Even if it doesn't lighten things it somehow makes it all bearable.

When gravity rises exponentially I do 2 things- lose interest in just about everything and become cold and logical (known as "bitchy" when you're a girl). Today I did a lot of pretending to care about all the happy horseshit that makes up my Tuesday life, and for the most part pulled it off. My tongue's been sharpening since the weekend so today was an exercise in mouth-control. I think I'm actually fugueing here and there because there are empty spaces in my days. And I can't bear to read anything serious. I may throw everything aside after I finish Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes and not read at all for a while. Clearly my head is full and needs to de-frag.

Tomorrow's been cancelled. Not in the big sense, just in what I had lined up to do. That's fine by me. Food is already frozen for when that's needed, and I didn't want to sit through the meeting either. I'll just hack around and try to find the knob to turn the gravity down.

5 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Yeah, I would like to turn the gravity down also. I am feeling much more anxious than I did a couple of weeks ago, and feel a sense of dread. Where did I put that Hershey bar?

Elephant's Child said...

It sounds like the days I feel as if I am wading through thick molasses or trying to get my brain synapses to fire through overcooked and cold porridge. At these times I reread. Agreeable lightweight material that it doesn't matter where I pick it up from.
I hope gravity returns to normal service for you soon.

CarrieBoo said...

A good light book sounds good about now. I hope when you find the knob it works for the entire continent. We all seem to be in tune.

Good observation on the cold and logical equalling 'bitchy'. Also, another one I find a bit annoying is when women exchange some heated words (like men do all the time) and men say "cat fight".

Course, none of the men who visit your blog would do that. ;)

Anonymous said...

You know.....the older I get the less interest I have in the 'gravity of life'. I have enough trouble with physical gravity pulling everything down past where it belongs lol. I have decided I am going to focus on 'good stuff' where ever I can find it.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Good to know I'm not the only one perceptive enough to notice the obvious increase in gravity. I have NOT gained any weight. I swear... it's the GRAVITY!

Hang in there. Find something to make you laugh.