Thursday, May 17, 2012

Monday's PhotoPrompt


Tego was the first to see it. She ran back to us in the village, yelling and screaming. I thought she had been hurt. We all went outside and saw her pointing up to the sky. We stood still and watched. It was a big noisy bird but I never saw or heard one like it before. Our children were frightened and cried. It didn't come down or even hunt. It flew away toward the day's end. Maybe that is where it lives and it was lost. It did not seem to notice us. This time we were safe. I don't know what such a big bird means. But it worries me. I hope it does not come back.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine how it must seem to a people that had never seen a plane before. And yes, I hope it doesn't come back too. Great job.

Austan said...

Thanks Lawless. I love that you started this!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Two thumbs up!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I would only start worrying if it came in on a strafing run.

Elephant's Child said...

I love this. Thank you.

bazza said...

That little plane looks ripe for anthropomorphising! But to me it looks cute rather than threatening.
It looks like it's lost it's mummy.
Click here for Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

CarrieBoo said...

Oooh, I like your treatment for this. Very nice.

klahanie said...

I have heard of this elusive mythical bird. Luckily, one has never been seen here. And on a wing and a prayer...I'm out of here
x

MunirGhiasuddin said...

We see a lot of helicopters by the mountains. I pray that I don't see too many, because they come to airlift an auto accident victim with injuries too severe too be handled by our local hospital.

Austan said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments. I'm so behind that I just have to make it an inclusive thank you. Sorry!