Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rrrrrrrring a ding ding ding!

It's been a day of details that trip everything up, of news items that make you want to give up, of general pissyness and low boiling outrage that turns to cold resentment. A day when achieving the smallest of tasks is frustratingly beyond getting done. A day that continuously leans on the doorbell of your mind and won't knock it off.

There are days like this in life. Years ago I would've worked it off physically with hard labor or the gym or just punching some asshole in the nose. Can't do those now so I spit hostility at inanimate objects. I finally know why my parents yelled at the appliances so much. It blows off steam, that's all. They weren't nuts, they were frustrated at life and how it turned out. It's better to spew verbal venom on things without feelings than on those you may upset with stupid comments.

It seems to me the trick is to ride the anger out and hang onto the reason behind the anger, because that's where the fixing lies. The solution is always in the problem, they say. If only everything were as easy and simplistic as maths.

Well. So nothing gets done today. I still don't even know how Brian made out because everyone is incommunicado. Just typical.

It doesn't help that it's uncomfortably warm. I absolutely hate Summer, heat, bright sunshine and bugs. It's all that today. What, we don't even get a friggin Spring anymore? 82'F in March? Are you kidding me? Plants are already up and dying.

Ach, there's only one thing to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmueYJ0VhA

3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

So you are having one of those days ..........
I've had a few lately myself.

Austan said...

It's so incredibly annoying to not get anything done! One good outcome- I slammed the refrigerator door really hard and it's stopped the noise it was making. That's the achievement of the day. :) Tomorrow will be better. I'm taking the day off from dealing with everyone/thing that's worked my nerves this week.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...sorry you are having a stinky day. Someone should come up with an aggravation release machine.