Friday, January 13, 2012

Resting is Futile

Oftentimes this kind of weather screws with gimps and this is one of those times. There's no getting comfortable lying down tonight. Doesn't help that today was the day of heavy phone conversations and surprisingly bad news that still hasn't quite sunk in.

But I'll blame the weather for all this, and understand why my grandparents and parents did. It's true anyway. A swing in the weather means crapola coming. Even when life's going along like a healthy puppy.

So the deal is to get really dragging yer ass nodding off tired because then even the pain won't keep you from sleep. At least for a couple of hours. Sleeping was good. I miss it. Staring at glowing screens helps burn your eyes out. Sit in one position and never move. Pull a throw up to your shoulders. Take an extra Aleve. The latest I can sleep in is 9. If I get to sleep in the next 2 hours I'll function. If not I'll spend half the day trying to keep my mouth shut. The only good thing out of that is that by tomorrow night I'll be sodead that I'll crash and sleep for 12 hours. It ain't my first time at the rodeo.

So I'm gonna go read some news and then stupid things and by then I should be nodding off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it worked for you.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

How well we sleep and how long really determines our mood for the next day. I did not get much myself last night due to the howling of the winds, but I am going to try my best to get out of this mood and make the best of it.

Hope you are feeling better today.
Arleen

Austan said...

Really weird thing- I use that boarding school trick- tap your head against the pillow to the hour you want to wake up, and it works. Whether you've slept 8 or 3 hours, it works.

And boy are you right, Arleen, if I don't get sleep for a few nights, I'm Crankypants.

CarrieBoo said...

I remember that trick! I've gotta try that again some time. Feel better, pomplemousse.

Austan said...

Pomplemousse? lol that's sweet.