Monday, December 5, 2011

This Stinks and So Do I

No hot water. In the 3 weeks I've been back this is the 4th time I've called maintenance to look at this 'new' hot water heater/tank. After the flood a lot of things were replaced, wallboards, wiring and sockets, a couple of the floor tiles. My old water heater was removed and this one installed. It's not new, it's 7 years old, but still. Since coming back this water heater has quit regularly every few days.

So it looks like the guys will have to take this out and install a new one. There goes another day, when everything will have to be taken out of the pantry/storage room so they can work in there and after the procedure everything will get moved back in again.

Sometimes it feels like life is just shoveling sand against the tide. I give up.

5 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Gosh, I do love the title of your post.

The good news is that you will be getting a brand new, more efficient hot water heater, not another old one. Pain in the neck, I know, but you will be happy when it is installed and well, "you can refresh."

Anonymous said...

How frustrating.....just when a soak in a hot tub would be soooo good.

Austan said...

Well it's true. ;) Oh I hope it's a new one! From your keyboard to gods' ears!

paulg said...

Hard to shovel sand when your hands won't grip the shovel...hope this is resolved and fixed soon.

Austan said...

Ain't that the truth! Still hot water this morning... I'm gonna keep running it every couple hours and see what happens.