Thursday, December 29, 2011

End of the Year Conspiracy Theories

There are more conspiracy theories than jobs these days. I've noticed that there's more outspokenness about them at this time of year for a while now and this year's no different. I'm a bit surprised at this particular proponent, but he does have good points. It is strange how many lefty South American leaders are all coming down with cancer. And we never know about anything going on in this country. Sometimes 50 years later we hear something. Hell, we don't even know what goes on in this town. Lately several people with power I thought I knew have boldfaced lied to me or done things that shocked me. What's to think? If a small amount of power corrupts, does absolute power corrupt absolutely?

So here's a conversation starter for New Year's parties:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/29/hugo-chavez-us-cancer-plot

6 comments:

klahanie said...

I have a theory that conspiracy theories may be a conspiracy by people who write about conspiracy theories to sell more books about conspiracy theories. Conspiring, conspiracy theory writers? Then again, this is just a theory. I wouldn't want conspiracy theory writers conspiring against me and starting a conspiracy theory about me...to sell more books about conspiracy theories.

Anonymous said...

I shall aspire to conspire to ignore the entire mess.
Speaking of messes and being in them...have you heard from Rory lately?

Austan said...

lol you guys crack me up.

No, I haven't heard from Rory. Or from Annie Oatcake. Rory's surgery is at the end of January, right?

SarcasticTestGuy said...

Yeech...talk about casting irresponsible aspersions!

Here's a quote:
It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
~David Brin

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Oh goodness, not more conspiracies.

What about the one that Global Climate Change is being caused by the power companies so they can sell more air conditioning units that take more power, so making them more money.

Or that the Global Financial meltdown was caused by greedy bankers.

Austan said...

STG- I tell ya, there's a conspiracy theory for every day of the year. And some of them could well be true...