Thursday, November 17, 2011

What a Card

Am hunting for the annual cards. This is old-fashioned and inefficient but I love it. There are some friends I've exchanged cards with for 40 years, that won't end. But since cards are all expensive (I remember buying an assortment box of Hallmarks- 50 for 2.99- no more!) now I buy cards that charities put out. And here's a nifty site with a variety of charities' holiday cards:

http://www.goodcausegreetings.com/personal_cards/holiday.asp

Haven't decided which yet, but there's one thing off the list soon as I do. ; )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're down to about 8 cards now that we send....gotta love it.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love sending and receiving cards at Christmas time. Sometimes it is the only time when I am in touch with people from long ago. They are the most precious.

Austan said...

Lawless- A lot of people would have to die to be down to 8! Hope that's not the case for you..

Arleen- I do too. It's not Christmas without cards stuck up on the doors. And like you, there are some that it's a yearly ritual of catching up. And they are precious.

Anonymous said...

That was exactly the case actually.

Austan said...

Oh no, I'm sorry.