Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting Ready to Go Go Again

Okay, the foods are all made but the mashed potatoes for tonight. It's still foggy right to the tree line. I can't find the tote for my clothes. At least the emails went out and everyone knows what's going on. And Annie sent me a lovely excited email that made my day.

The thing that really upsets me now is that I won't be able to take the Beest with me. She'll have to come down at a later time, when I'm back in The Shire and Strider can drive down. That sucks. I've grown very attached to the little monster.

I'll be missing Strider a lot. And Ems the Wonderdog. And the pastel not-quite-here kitty. This home has been healing and comforting. Strider doesn't even know what a mitzvah she's done.

So I get ready for my new temporary home, number 3 in the last 2 1/2 months. What good people I know and have in my life. Without them I'd be on the street. And best of all, they're of a mind to fight for the good. All my agitating won't even turn a head, whatever I do.

The adventure continues...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really too bad you have to wait to get your kitty but while you are between places I guess it's all you can do. Dang. I just feel so badly for you and for all the displaced residents. Such a mean thing they are doing. A pox on them I say.

Allyson said...

in fact, she doesn't even know what a mitzvah is!?!!

Rory Grant said...

Awww Laura it must all be so unsettling. I really feel for you. I'm glad you saw some of the goodness which exists out there though - but it still wrankles with me that the most powerful nation in the world still struggles to look after its own...

Austan said...

Lawless- We won this battle but the war goes on. Seems some people in power want our town gentrified. They've got another thing coming.

AllySan- well, you know now. ;)

Rory- I'm so happy to see you back that I could just plotz. This country has gone to the pigs. Greedy selfish pigs who believe that tearing others down builds them up. But they forget they can be torn down, too.