Monday, June 6, 2011

Sour Sandwiches

Okay, I gotta get this off my chest. It's eating at me. Our entry in the sandwich contest was made entirely from scratch, with almost all New England-made products, and what wins? A store-bought bagel (baked in Brattleboro- ya mean not even mixed here?) with store-bought chocolate (there are cacao farmers here?) and peanut butter (peanut farms in New England?- not according to my research) that was mixed in VT, and store-bought cream cheese, albeit truly (at last!) made in Vermont.

Here's the story:
http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20110606100042225

Give me a long break, as Rufus Boozon used to say. That bagel with a yuppie schmear won't hold up in competition in Australia. I can hear the laughter already.

There. I feel better now.

No comments: