Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And All Was Joy...

Time to catch up on issues I brought up and have since been (mostly) resolved. My SIL is better than she has been in decades. It's nothing less than a miracle. And I hope it lasts. My nephew has gotten the staples out and though he's sore, he's fine. And eating again. Blogger seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes I can post comments w/o a hitch, sometimes it's impossible. But I can't get my knickers in a twist about it.

Amazon has been invaluable in helping me replace things I'd lost over the years. And also in getting some things I've always wanted. After passing on the china set I'd had for 14 years and always hated, I scoped and stalked until the dishes I've loved were at a reasonable price, and got them. Can't stop looking at them. This shopping could become an addiction, though. Lovely hardcover books for 4 bucks, including shipping? Danger, danger Will Robinson...

The bitty next door was made to take down her religious shrine in our shared hallway. And the weather's been too miserable for her to sit outside and yell for too long, so it's tolerable. I'm working on ignoring it all and just carrying on.

Writer's block seems to be fading; it was like Churchill's Black Dog there for a day or two, but I took advice and my brain's percolating again. Should be back to normal very soon. And I think Rory's right; there's a storm brewing.

So much of life is getting used to things. Changes can really throw you, but if you relax and stay with what and who you are, it all gets absorbed. May not be easy, or to your liking, but the goal is living until ya croak. With luck, the love you take is equal to the love you make. Don't postpone joy, as the bumper sticker says. And with that platitudinous note I'm gonna go eat off my new china.

No comments: