Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Traveler of Both Time and Space

Glory hallelujah! What a treat to spend a night in concerts. Last night I visited 4 decades and several countries with ELP, the Who and Page & Plant. And thanks to Irish coffee, continued on to Greg Lake and his band in England in 2005. If one could OD on great music, I'd be dead. It's now possible to simulate the concert experience in your own home. This morning I woke up with ringing ears, a partial hangover and a big smile. And that wanna-do-it-again feeling. All this without the travel, crowds, security hassle and group high that comes in going to a concert. It's not the same but it's a reasonable facsimile. I don't want to spoil the mood with analysis. I feel like I've been music-ed up and I want to stay with it for the whole weekend.

But I do want to make a few notes about Deathly Hallows Pt 1 that I neglected to mention before. Emma Watson has learned a bit of acting. Snape washed his hair and Alan Rickman is a hottie. Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint can't pass for 17 year-olds in any stretch of the imagination. Everyone did a good job, though I wish they'd left the deleted scenes in. And I cried when Dobby died, just as I did reading the book.

OK, that's it for now. I'm heading back to the rock Tardis, where time and space are immaterial and all that matters is landing in the music.

No comments: