Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Touch and Go

It's been busy. I haven't had a night- nor day- to myself in weeks and this week is full right thru til Saturday. Even stealing an hour or half hour after 8 a.m. and until I fall out at 8 p.m. has become a dream. Like Roseanne Roseannadanna said, "It's always something."

What makes me pissy is that I can't get anything done. I can't watch the vids or listen to the music or even get a full box unpacked, without interruption. And without fail, as soon as I get a precious few minutes to blog my old bitty neighbor gets loud and my concentration goes.

Well, when this week is done, that's it. By June I intend to be unpacked, comfortable and ready to write full time. Everything and everyone will just have to deal. As I get more stretched I turn into a real beaut, so it has to stop. I'm very happy for peep who have hours to blab on the phone but I don't. Functioning time ticks away fast. And in my condition, the functioning clock starts ticking the minute I get out of bed. Healthy peep can hang on the couch and yap and it's downtime to them but it's not to me. I have huge pain and it drains off my energy. It's really been a tradeoff in kicking the opiates. The difference comes down to being half-awake and unable to function with less pain or defyingly half-functioning at top speed with full pain. Since I chose the latter, so be it.

That's better. Nothing like a good bitching to re-energize!
Maybe I'll get back later...

No comments: