Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How Lovely To Be a Woman...

Now in the 40th year of having menstrual cycles, I'm quite an old hand at it and I'm thoroughly sick of it. The insomnia, swelling up, controlling myself thru the mood swings, ovaries jumping like marracas, zits, every bit of it is suckage. It's tiring, disgusting, expensive, painful, inconvenient to the nth degree. And you never know when it'll end. I have friends my age who are done with it, why is mine still like clockwork? Seems I have an inexhaustible supply of ova and I'm starting to think I'll be one of those who keeps going into her 70s!!

Oh sure, they say it keeps you looking young and people tell me I don't show my age, but really I don't care. I want it done. 40 years of anything is enough. There's no family history to go by- there are too few women and my mother was "hysterectomied" at the age of 41. Judging by how friends' cycles ebbed slowly into the sunset, I have no sign of slowing down.

What the hell is nature playing at? I'm too old to have kids, even if I ever could; it's useless to keep the 28 day descent to the 9th Circle going, so WTF?

If I ever catch the ass who wrote that insipid song, he's dead.

2 comments:

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

I remember the Ninth Circle. I preferred the bar downstairs...

Austan said...

Yes, that's where Tree worked...