Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Bit of All Right

Funny how those expressions stick with you, and how as you age they actually apply.

Today really is a bit of all right. I wasn't riding the Night Mare all night, actually slept 7 full hours and don't feel like I was hit by the crosstown bus this morning. WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm not going to get too carried away with optimism, but I think the evil spell is broke and things will get okay now.

And my good friend in Californicate sent me some Zep gems I think few have seen. What a perfect way to help someone you can't physically touch- send them a rare treat for the senses. Just what the dr should've ordered. Thanks! I'm not dead, Jim!

But damn that was a 2 week trip worse than that time I went to west Florida. We'll see what happens. I'm fairly certain the worst really is over. I'm almost human again.

Since I couldn't get music wired into my bedroom, I accidentally found the way to lull myself to sleep... I replayed Kashmir in my head, over and over, til I fell asleep. And when I woke up in the midnight I replayed the Battle of Evermore to the same effect.

Just got the news that I'm probably kicked off the affordable housing list because I won't live in one-room in a crappy project. Oh well. I'll just have to do better for myself, won't I? And damned if I won't. I can spit in eyes again, and I will.

Wanted to add that while the Zep addiction still holds, things have changed. I'm heading toward the happy shit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zISiQ6PqATI

There really is no way I can repay the debt I owe to the music and musicians that have held me together thru this.

And the day turns 180 again. The affordable housing people called and I am 2nd in line for a place right where I originally wanted. I'm gobsmacked. Thanks, Malik.

No comments: