Friday, December 17, 2010

WOOHOO!

The last few hours have restored my Christmas Spirit.

First, friends came by with cheer and we spent a couple of hours feasting and exchanging our gifts. Then a neighbor I barely know brought me multivitamins- very needed but not covered by Medicare anymore- and her 3 angelic kids, who were transfixed by "A Christmas Story", playing on my TV. There is nothing like a kid at Christmas. Nothing. And to see 3 little kids who have no connection to those old times identify so closely with Ralphie's plight is a joy.

When the place cleared out I was putting food away and turned on the news just in time to see Brian Williams present tonight's "Making a Difference" story about Loren Krueger:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#40725500

It's stories like that that make you keep living with a smile.
Merry Christmas, Mr. Krueger. And thanks for giving me something money can't buy.